Wednesday 17 April 2013

development on Photogram


I really liked this Experiment with the Photograms and the spray paints. I have tried to incorporate the methods of tying in the background and the foreground as one with minimal effect for this particular experiment, the lone red spray paint with the black and white sets the tone for a intense image, as it  really adds power to the text. 
As a viewer its really hard to take your eyes off. The broken typography adds to the effect in some ways it has symbolism in regards to one breaking away from there old ways; freeing themselves from the circumstances they are in, as the text reads inside you begin to relate it to things with in your own life, things that affect and mean alot to you. The text one its own reiterates the fact that it directly speaks out to the viewer, the colours are kept simple and universal as it can apply to all. The text seems to be so simple but very effective at the same time. I do believe that the text works well and it did give me an insight on what I should be aiming for in my Book zine it it needs to be filled with powerful pages that really draw the viewer into the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment