Monday 29 April 2013

Evaluation of Prep Work

This being My last project of the course I really found that my skills have improved vastly. I have had the opportunity to learn and understand new techniques through Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and the more traditional means of design such as that of Hand made techniques. I found My work to be more Fluent and problems became easier to solve as my thought process in design continues to grow. I have had more vultuntary gallery visit and has made it my duty to go out and view works of artist  for my own inspirations and to help my individual progression as an artist. I found that the more I look into these artist I begin to understand more than what is on the surface an example of this is that of David Carsen as the typography in his work was an oxymoron to the way in which the artist uses his work to get his message across in such a subtle way; I believe that it is this reason that the work has had such a large effect on me. I believe that the techniques I have learnt and reviewed by other artist is starting to transfer into my own with a much greater effect. the things that I like about this project are that of the Collages and the way they transfered into the photograms, I have had to take a step back from the designs I had previously to create much simpler concept that had a greater effect on the aesthetics of the outcomes. I have had the chance to think more about what I have been doing before I make it tangible; I found that this helped me with changes that I would have to make and found it easier to make them. The brief that I have to work around is that on Inside, Outside, and Inbetween with regards to Typography. This has given me the freedom to rome and explore ideas as a result I found that I was having a lot of fun with the design as a result I  found that the design became very personal and I was more self motivated to achieve the best possible outcome. I really enjoyed this project as it brought me a step back to go forward I do hope to continue to improve on my skilss after this project I have made the design a lot less complex and found that it has made the project work a lot better than I had expected. My only problems were working back into my photograms without making them appear worst than they were before. If I had a the opportunity to do this project again I would add a little more imagery to the type so that it doesn't stand alone something else that could add to the typography  to create a more intense scene in each image however overall I really enjoyed the project and thought it was one of my best. I will use this to go into the next venture with confidence and a high work rate continuously improving my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment