Thursday 4 April 2013

Nik Ainely





I found the work of Nik Ainely to be very colourful and quite eye catching the artist has a wonderful way of getting his message across within his chosen subject matter through the use of Typography and the appropriate back drop. The first of the two is a bold 3D text that illustrates 'Fresh Science Word' this was for Computer arts I believe that the audience was intended for a younger generation of technologist that needed a logo to keep up with the time. The second was a poster that is promoting the new Smirnoff Flavours.
The artist's use of contrasting colours is very effective in creating these outcomes, I really like the way in which they are brought together being that darker colours are used to set the tone in the background and and the use of mid-tones and light colours embrace the text and surrounding images to make them the main focus of the image which is really good in terms of what the images are used for, being that they are advertising a Company/Client. The artists placement of the text works really well as it is central to the image I also found that the fonts used were very appropriate in bringing the image together rather than tampering with its balance; The background colours and techniques shines through a lot in the foreground text which is something I found to work really well it is also something I do believe that I will try to do more often because of the effect it leaves on the overall image. The symbolism in each Image is very distinctive in regards to what the message was. In the first image there message is about technology and science, 'word' is painted in a way that it looks like an Atlas of the globe expressing its scientific values. The second of the two just looks like a party scene with the bright colours, the constant movement and the rush of the fruits leaving one container to the Glasses.
I really enjoyed this artist and do believe that his work has inspired me in terms of how to put together a piece of work. I also believe that the use of the background works well and it is something I will consider when doing my own work because of the mass positive effect it has on the outcome of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment