Wednesday 12 September 2012

circle CD Packaging Research and analysis

this CD packaging was done by a Korean pianist, by the name of Yiruma. His album is titled "The Sunbeams They Scatter," I found this piece to be very inspirational as it shows a method of how to create a circular  CD design. I like the way the colours come together in such a harmonious way the typography and album art were keep to a simple and tranquil design from this I inferred that the artist behind the design has had the genre of music in mind. In my opinion this design works well through all its components and its relativity to its genre of music. I do think that I will take the circular idea from this piece and also the the top I believe that I will try and make this into layers. I also didn't like the amount of space lefted inside the design i believe that due to the constant movement of the piece the inside valuables would get damaged. for my design I will make it a bit more compact but is still easily accessible.

I really like these designs that have been made of metal and the names and logos have been made by engraving on the front Cover the designs are not thick meaning that all the necessary information and documents that are enclosed will be compacted and made efficient use of the space. The design reminds me of the retro lunch boxes this could transit into the artists music as it has a raw element in it that reminds people of music from the 90s. the design is simple but has a lot to say and due to the material it is made from it stands out from a crowd very easily. I liked these designs as it shows the structure of how I want my designs to be made I don't think the silver surface area will suit my design however it does give me alot of options on how to do things on the surface. having this insight will help me to develop my ideas and create the best possible design with in its rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment